The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) is the main United Nations platform on sustainable development and it has a central role in the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the global level. The meeting of the HLPF on sustainable development in 2018 will cover the following goals:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
Registration was open until 19 June 2018 (find registration instructions below).
The Global Platform for the Right to the City is organizing several events during the HLPF:
- Exhibition Stand
Time: 9-18 July
Location: South Wall, first floor area of the UN Secretariat
Organizers: Global Platform for the Right to the City
- SDG Learning workshop: “Leaving no one behind: Sharing Major Groups and other Stakeholders good practices for an inclusive implementation of the 2030 Agenda”
Time: Thursday 12 July, 10.00 AM – 01.00 PM.
Location: United Nations
Organizers: Plan International, Tebtebba Foundation on behalf of the Indigenous Peoples’ Major Group and the Global Platform for the Right to the City
- “Cities and the Global Agenda: On the Road to the U20 in Buenos Aires”
Time: Friday, July 13, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Location: Theresa Land Center, 55 W 13th Street, New York.
Organizers: The New School, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Mistra Urban Futures and the Global Platform to the Right to the City
- Training Session on the Right to the City (TBC)
Time: Friday, July 13, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Location: Theresa Land Center, 55 W 13th Street, NY.
Organizers: The New School and the Global Platform to the Right to the City
- Public Event (TBC)
Time: Saturday, July 14, 2018 12:00 PM.
Location: Brook Park, 494 E 141st St, Bronx, NY.
Organizers: The Global Platform to the Right to the City.